When you find out your daughter is expecting a baby it is one of the most exciting times of your life. You are going to be a grandmother and are always thinking about what you can do to help your daughter with while everyone waits for the new baby’s arrival.
As you help your daughter prepare for the baby’s arrival, you will be creating memories that will last a
lifetime. One of the most fun things that mothers and daughters like to go together is getting the baby’s nursery ready.
There is a lot to do here.
1) Deciding on where the baby nursery will be.
2) Taking all of the furniture out of that room and finding a new place for it.
3) Order fabric swatches of the baby bedding collections you like.
4) Making a decision on the baby crib bedding.
5) Create a baby bedding gift registry for upcoming showers.
6) Ordering the reminder of the items you have not received as gifts.
7) Picking out a color scheme that matches your baby bedding theme.
8) Painting the walls to match your color preference.
9) Deciding on what kind of furniture you will need in the room (changing table, rocking chair, club chair and ottoman and etc)
10) Getting other necessities like diapers, creams, powders, shampoo, onesies, blankets, towels put away in the nursery.
All of these things should be done several weeks before the due date, so you will want to create a calendar to get your checklist done over a period of several months. Planning in out with a scheduled calender will be less stressful and when the due date is close, everyone can just relax.
As with any home decorating project you may even find it valuable to create a project board and layout the room on paper before hand to make sure everything fits and flows well to be functional, as well as beautiful.
At My Baby Bedding Shop we talk with moms-to-be and grandmoms-to-be everyday, and have enjoyed sharing their excitement while assisting in the selection of their crib bedding and decor accessories.